The seven pointed star contains a musical sequence. It involves the two consonant musical intervals between two sounds that are one octave apart - namely, the fifth and the third, as counted from the lower octave not. Counting clockwise in a circle, a e b f c g d a represent a cycle of fifths. counting along the lines of the star, ac, ce, eg, gb, bd and df represent a cycle of thirds. Counting along the points of the star, skipping every alternate point, a b c d e f g a represent the scale. - Secrets of high magic(Melville).
1. Take a piece of gold, the purer the better, but even 9-carat gold will do. Heat until it is RED HOT, then drop it into a BOWL containing TEN TIMES its weight of FILTERED RAINWATER(thunder-rainwater is ideal, particularly if it has been collected in a nonmetal container before hitting the ground). The water will HISS and SPUTTER furiously, so PROTECT yourself from SCALDING.
2. Retrieve the gold with a glass implement, such as a HEATPROOF GLASS CUP or LADLE, and repeat the process at least another SIX TIMES.
3. By this time, the water will have become saturated with GOLD ATOMS from the CONTRACTING METAL. Filter the LIQUID into a GLASS BOTTLE, and preserve it for MAGICAL USE. Seven or eight drops are SUFFICIENT to charge up to 3oz(85 g) of FLUID CONDENSER.
(You can use a piece of jewelry, such as a gold ring, to make this tincture.)
~Secrets of high magic - Melville
Stories, Dreams, Words and songs...
Inspire and connect, sing a deeper song...
- Alaemon — hoopoe-larks (2 species)
- Chersomanes — (2 species)
- Ammomanopsis — Gray's lark
- Certhilauda — short-clawed lark and long-billed larks (6 species)
- Pinarocorys — (2 species)
- Ramphocoris — Thick-billed lark
- Ammomanes — (3 species)
- Eremopterix — sparrow-larks (8 species)
- Calendulauda — (8 species)
- Heteromirafra — (2 species)
- Mirafra — (24 species)
- Lullula — Woodlark (and 7 extinct species)
- Spizocorys — (7 species)
- Alauda — skylarks (4 extant and 2 extinct species)
- Galerida — (7 extant and 2 extinct species)
- Eremophila — horned larks (2 extant and 1 extinct species)
- Calandrella — (6 extant and 1 extinct species)
- Melanocorypha — (5 extant and 3 extinct species)
- Chersophilus — Dupont's lark
- Eremalauda — Dunn's lark
- Alaudala — (5 species)
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”
~ Noam Chomsky
The quote "good artist's borrow, great artists steal" is misquoted and wrongly attributed to Stravinsky as well as Picasso. The actual quote can be traced back to T.S Elliot and is "Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different.”. Quite a different sentiment.